Friday, October 14, 2011

Bats is Back

One game I really enjoyed was Batman: Arkahm Asylum; I played it on the PS3. I don't like superhero games - I still think I don't - but this game fit me well. It is a stealth/puzzle/action game. Plus it was beautiful.
When I heard they were making Batman: Arkham City, I was disappointed. I thought the game was complete and did not need a follow-up. But as the trailers began to be shown, I was swayed. The two items that pushed me over the edge were Mr. Freeze (he is a complex villan; I know and like his backstory) and Catwoman (I don't get it either, but I like playing a female character.)
I pre-order from Amazon; it arrives Tuesday. I got it on XBox360 - is this more evidence I have switched systems?
I read the intro and the last paragraph of the review from Joystiq. They claim it is better than BM:AA. My anticipation builds. (I need to finish Dead Space 2, Homefront, and KillZone 3 before I start this. Yeah, like that will happen.)
Xbox announced today that the XBLA game War of the Worlds would be available October 26. This looks like another game to put on the when-it-goes-on-sale list.

No comments: